Dear M. Night Shyamalan,
Where to begin.......I don't know how to say this delicately but I have a little problem with some of your movies. I feel as if your previews are always setting me up for disappointment that will likely be followed by anger. After watching your movies I feel deceived by the preview because the movie is always about something totally different and not in a good way. Yes movies should have twists but they shouldn't be stupid ones. Let's discuss your preview for DEVIL which looked scary yet interesting, the preview alone made me want to see it but something stopped me. You want to know what stopped me from wanting going to see DEVIL? The fact you always put your name in front of every one of your freaking previews! You want people to see your movies DO NOT advertise that the movie is by you. People will unknowingly fall for your previews because they always look good and then they'll actually see the movie because they won't know until after it that it was by you. I suggest you move the posting of your name from the beginning of previews to the end of your movies then by the time people realize you tricked them again they already paid the ten dollars to see it so you win.
I am just saying the the formula that worked so well for you on The Sixth Sense, where we got a movie changing shock at the end, does not always work. It only works it the shock makes sense, the end to The Village made me want to ask for my money back because it was stupid. I actually think it belongs on the list of top ten worst movie endings. Ever since The Village I can't bring myself to see one of your movies because I just know at the end something really dumb is going to happen like I'm sure DEVIL ends with the characters out having a drink because they really shooting a Halloween commercial for a theme park or something ridiculous like that. You want to really shock everybody have the end of your next movie just end logically, now that will totally throw people off. But on a happy note The Sixth Sense is an amazing movie!
Someday i'll give you another chance until then,
AFon

No comments:
Post a Comment