Dear College Textbooks,
I have gotten to know you pretty well with me being a professional student and all but I still do not understand the little system you have going on. I agree you are a much needed asset in learning when the teacher actually uses you so I am not doubting you relevance. I am questioning why in the world I should pay hundreds of dollars of my future money on you? Don't say oh I can sell you back at the end of the semester when you know that I will be lucky to get back 10% of what I paid for you. Doesn't make any gosh darn sense, I wouldn't complain if I could get back half of what I paid or if I didn't know that somebody else is going to make more money off of selling the book I just got 5 dollars for. There should be more than a ten dollar difference between a used book and the new one. You don't see Goodwill trying to charge a dollar less then what the clothes cost new or used car places charging a hundred dollars less then the new dealerships charge do you? No because that would be dumb. And do you really need to come with so many freaking new editions? I am pretty sure if I compared your first edition to the twentieth the only difference would be a few sentences. Help a student out, do not make a new edition unless you are adding a substantial amount of information that has to be known and it better be equal to a minimum of 30 new pages. Textbook authors I know you need to make a profit for all your hard research and work but lets be honest you know your overcharging. You know there is no reason to release a new edition every year except for you to charge more. So textbooks please think of the poor students who might not get jobs when they graduate next time you want to release a new edition that is all I ask. :)
Thanks buddy,
AFon
......Some friends you might recognize! I am pretty sure I won't want or need these ever again unless I get a sudden urge to do some statistics for fun. We all know that is never going to happen.

No comments:
Post a Comment