Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Dear Radio Stations

Dear Radio Stations,
   Music is one of my favorite things in the entire world. I don't think a day goes by without me listening to music in some form. If I don't listen to my Ipod then I listen to cds or I watch performances on Youtube and sometimes when I absolutely have too I listen to you. It's not that I don't like you it's just that I don't like you that much. Your awesome because you have concerts and giveaways which are never bad things, it's just you can kill a song. Not just kill a song you can murder it to the point where I cringe when I hear it. I don't know how you guys go about picking the songs you play throughout the day but since there are millions of songs out there can't you limit the times a song is played each day? There is no good reason to play the same ten songs every hour on the hour. I am only in my car maybe a total of 20 minutes a day broken up over two rides and somehow I can easily predict the songs that are going to play on my little drive. Over the last month every time I get in the car I hear Eminem & Rhianna Love the way you Lie, OneRepublic Secrets, Katy Perry Teenage Dream, Bruno Mars Just the way you are, or Paramore Only Exception. I am not writing you this letter because I don't like these songs I am writing it because I do like them. I want to keep liking them so I am requesting you to cut back just a little bit on overplaying them. No song should be played more than 20 times in a 24 hour period, make that a rule you live by and I think we will get along just fine.
Laters,
AFon

2 comments:

  1. Your blog is so cute!
    I work at a radio station. They really do overplay songs a lot. It's because if it's a top 40 station, they have to play it a certain number of times a day, not sure why.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks haha i'm kinda random. Really?! I never knew that, I guess if they have to play them I can cut them some slack.

    ReplyDelete